Terms & Conditions
Ronald McDonald House Charities® Northern NSW – 2021 Ride for Sick Kids, Northern NSW
Terms and conditions of participation
1.1 To be eligible to participate in the Event, the Rider must
(1) return a completed Registration Form by 15 June 2021; and
(2) at the commencement of the Event
(a) be over 18 years of age
(b) have current
(i) private health insurance (including ambulance cover) that extends cover to participation in cycling sporting events; or,
(ii) Ambulance cover and maintain that cover during the Event
1.2 The Rider warrants to RMHC NNSW that he or she has met or will meet the eligibility requirements in this condition 1 at the required dates
1.3 RMHC NNSW may refuse to allow any Rider who fails to meet the criteria in this condition 1 to participate in the Event
2.1 Amounts raised or paid by the Rider towards or in excess of the Rider’s Fundraising Threshold are non-refundable, irrespective of whether or not the Rider participates in the Event,
2.2 The Rider:
(1) must undertake fundraising for the Event only in the manner(s) approved or directed by RMHC NNSW
(2) must not conduct any fundraising activities (e.g. raffles etc) without the prior approval of RMHC NNSW; and
(3) acknowledges that any fundraising activities (e.g. raffles etc) undertaken in connection with the Event may be regulated by the NSW Fair Trading and or Liquor & Gaming NSW.
3 Event rules and safety
3.1 Each Rider must arrange his or her own transportation to and from the Event
3.2 During the Event, the Rider must
(1) attend the safety briefing at the start of each day’s stage
(2) comply with all road rules, the directions of all authorities and RMHC NNSW
(3) not act in a manner that may bring the Event or its sponsors into disrepute; and
(4) unless RMHC NNSW has consented to the contrary
(a) wear the branded cycling or other clothing supplied by RMHC NNSW for the Event during all Event related activities (as appropriate).
4 Acknowledgement of risk and release of RMHC
4.1 The Rider acknowledges that
(1) the Event includes undertaking a multi-stage cycling event over numerous consecutive days, is conducted on public roads open to other vehicles and weather that there is an inherent risk of injury, disability or death; and
(2) RMHC NNSW does not maintain a separate policy of insurance in respect of any injury or death or property damage suffered by the Rider.
4.2 The Rider agrees that he or she participates in the Event at his or her own risk and releases RMHC NNSW and the Event sponsors for any loss, damage or injury to person or property or death suffered by the Rider
4.3 The Rider indemnifies RMHC NNSW for any loss, penalty, claim or liability suffered by RMHC as a result of any act or omission of the Rider, or any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Rider.
4.4 The Rider will not consume alcohol or illicit drugs while actively participating in the Bike Ride and agree that such use will enable RMHC NNSW to exclude me from any of its facilities on the Bike Ride.
5 Consent to medical treatment
5.1 The Rider consents to
(1) RMHC NNSW or any third party administering or arranging medical assistance to or for the Rider; and,
(2) RMHC NNSW disclosing any medical information provided by the Rider to any third party administering or arranging medical assistance to or for the Rider
5.2 The Rider agrees to reimburse RMHC NNSW for any costs incurred by RMHC Northern NSW under condition 5.1 on demand
6 Changes to route
6.1 RMHC NNSW reserves the right to alter or cancel any stage of the Event for any reason.
6.2 The Rider must not make any claim against RMHC NNSW in relation to the alteration or cancellation of any stage of the Event.
7.1 In these Terms and Conditions:
(1) Event means the Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW Ride for Sick Kids, being a multi-stage cycling event commencing on 6th to 10th September 2021 and unless inconsistent, includes any associated pre and post ride activities referred to in condition 3.2(4)(a)
(2) Registration Form means registration form for the Event containing the Rider’s particulars and pursuant to which the Rider agrees to the application of these conditions;
(3) Rider means the individual named in the Registration Form; and
(4) RMHC NNSW means the Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW and includes the Event organising committee and any support staff or volunteers associated with the Event.
Code of Conduct
1. The "Code of Conduct" enforcement committee for 2021 is Ross Bingham, Nathan Chiswell & Brett Hadley.
2. All decisions made by this committee will be final and by signing this document you are agreeing to follow all of their safety decisions. The committee may at their discretion seek additional counsel from other people, however, they will remain the decision-makers.
3. Penalties will be at the discretion of the Committee.
4. Daily Safety briefings are mandatory for all riders and support crew. Failure to attend or not pay attention during these meetings may result in those people not completing that day's ride.
5. Daily we will be riding in the following formations, one or two abreast at all times. The decision will be made by the lead riders (wearing headsets) dependant on the width of the shoulder.
7. When riding up hills, all riders must stay together unless competing in an organised Rider Challenge. The Rider Challenges will be mentioned during our daily briefings. During all Rider Challenges, all riders must stop at the top of the climb and wait for the rest of the group before continuing on. The lead vehicle will select a safe area to stop at the top of the hill in conjunction with direction from the Team Captian.
8. While descending hills all riders must stay together three bike lengths apart as a minimum. The lead riders need to be mindful of their speed.
9. While riding on flat or uphill sections you must ride at least one wheel length behind the rider in front of you (no half wheeling at any time).
10. The committee at any time may ask a rider to take a break inside a support vehicle. The length of the break is subject to the discretion of the committee.
11. The committee is also bound by this "Code of Conduct" and if other riders believe that a committee member has breached a code, they should inform the other committee members.
12. All riders must wear the complete Rider Kit supplied at all times unless approved by the committee. The Rider Kit includes rider shirt, vest, jacket, knicks, arm & leg warmers, booties, finglerless gloves and socks. Riders may not wear their own personal clothing apart from helmet, shoes and long fingered gloves.
13. All riders must attend any nightly fundraisers, group dinners and community engagement visits. Riders must not leave from any functions or dinners with out the approval of Ross Bingham.
14. Riders and support crew to depart from all functions and dinners at an agreed time as per the run sheet. This may be adjusted at the discretion of the committee.