Terms & Conditions
Rider Release and Indemnity
1. As a condition of participating as a volunteer in the 2021 RMHC Ride for Sick Kids SA (“the Event”), I hereby agree that:
(a) The Organizers will not be in any way responsible for and are released and discharged from any claim or action (including, but not limited to, a claim or action based on negligence) which I or my legal personal representative might otherwise have against the Organizers in relation to death, injury, damage or loss of any kind including loss of or damage to property suffered by me in connection with the Event or my participation as a volunteer in the Event; and
(b) I will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Organizers from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, loss, costs (including legal costs on a solicitor client basis) and expenses suffered or incurred by the Organizers or any of them whatsoever including for loss or damage to property or injury or death suffered by any person, arising out of or in any way relating to my acts or omissions as a volunteer in the Event.
2. As a further condition of participating as a volunteer in the Event, I warrant that I will:
(a) comply with all reasonable instructions and directions in relation to the conduct of the Event given to me by the Organizers or any person authorised to give such instructions and directions;
(b) obey all relevant Australian road rules and comply with any other relevant laws;
(c) have read and will comply with any other relevant rules, etiquette, guidelines or procedures relating to the Event (including any updated versions).
3. I agree that if I do not comply with any of the provisions in this document then the Organizers may immediately terminate my participation as a volunteer in the Event and I must then cease all involvement with the Event. I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Organizers against any claims, actions, loss, costs, liabilities or damage arising out of any failure by me to comply with the provisions of this document.
4. I am aware that as a volunteer in the Event I may have exposure to public roads and traffic (motor vehicle and bicycle) and I acknowledge and agree that exposure to public roads and traffic is a potentially dangerous activity which carries with it a risk of injury or death.
5. I understand that at the Event I may be photographed and/or filmed. I agree to allow my name, photo, video, image, any statement made by me or film likeness (Personal Material) to be used for any purpose by Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) or McDonald’s Australia Limited (MAL) including but not limited to any advertising, promotional, educational or other material or campaign, website or online application that RHMC or MAL may run from time to time (including corporate publications, corporate briefings and events) worldwide, for such period they deem appropriate. The use above may include associating any of the Personal Material together with any image in any medium and in any context which advertises or promotes RMHC or MAL or any products or services offered by RMHC or MAL. I agree that any use by RMHC or MAL of Personal Material will be without payment to me and without seeking my further consent. I acknowledge that all proprietary rights including any intellectual property rights in any promotional material that includes my Personal Material (including all material adapted there from) will be owned exclusively by RMHC, and to the extent necessary, I hereby assign to RMHC any existing and future rights, including any intellectual property rights that I would otherwise have in the Personal Material or promotional material created out of it.
6. In this online form, the term “the Organizers” includes:
(a) McDonald’s Australia Limited and its directors, officers, employees, agents, franchisees and consultants;
(b) Ronald McDonald House Charities South Australia and their incorporated body Allan Campbell & WCH House Inc;
(c) Connect Sport Australia Pty Ltd and its directors, officers, employees, agents and consultants;
(d) any person or body promoting, organising or managing the Event; and
(e) any person providing assistance in relation to the promotion, organisation or management of the Event.
7. In the case that this event is made impossible to proceed, either by force majeure events (such as a COVID-19 outbreak) or by acts of third parties (such as strikes, terrorist acts or government orders), this clause allows RMHC SA to cancel the event. All funds raised by the fundraiser at the point of cancellation would be retained by the charity, and negotiations would take place with participants in terms of the return/refund of registration fees with potential to transfer funds raised to a future fundraising event (within 12 months of the planned event) if the participant chooses to participate again.