Terms & Conditions
AGREEMENT TO FUNDRAISE
FOR RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES NORTHERN NSW
Terms and Conditions
These Terms of Agreement provide the basis for a fundraiser/event to be organised by the Community Fundraiser on behalf of Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW (RMHC NNSW). By creating a fundraising page, the Community Fundraiser indicates acceptance of these Terms of Agreement and thereafter these terms and conditions will form the basis of any dealings between RMHC NNSW and the Community Fundraiser in relation to the fundraiser/event.
RMHC NNSW places importance and emphasis on the confidentiality of an individual's private and sensitive information. RMHC NNSW is bound by, and also complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
RMHC NNSW and/or people authorised by it may gather and process the information:
- which you may provide when accessing the Website, such as your name, address, email address and other personal information;
- posted by you on the Website; and
The gathering and processing of information is for our charitable purposes generally including research and assessment purposes.
The Terms and Conditions are designed to help you with your fundraising activity and to ensure that all aspects of the activity have been considered prior to commencing your fundraising. They also service to protect Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW (RMHC NNSW) from liability and fraudulent activities.
“Community Fundraiser” means the individual or organisation holding the fundraiser/event for the benefit of RMHC NNSW.
Permits and Permissions
The Community Fundraiser must agree to:
- Obtain and abide by all state/territory legislation.
- Comply with regulation guidelines on raffles and alcohol permits and appropriate local council permits (including food handling).
- Comply with any obligations outlined in the Fundraising Act 1998 and must apply for any permits, licenses, insurance and authorities that may be required. This is inclusive of all raffles, bingo, vending tickets, other games of chance of any public appeal.
- Be aware that different states have their own legislation, which should be checked beforehand with state or territory government or local council. It is the fundraiser’s responsibility to review and ensure compliance with the relevant legislation.
- Send copies of any permits obtained to RMHC NNSW prior to the commencement of the activity.
The information you give RMHC NNSW must be available to regulatory authorities on request. RMHC NNSW does not provide legal advice regarding compliance with these laws and regulations.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW's reputation
Due to the nature of our organisation and the high ethical standards under which we operate, there are some events with which we cannot be associated. We cannot endorse some activities, including:
- extreme sports such as parachuting, paragliding or bungee jumping,
- motor vehicle and motor bike racing and activities that involve marine racing unless the Fundraiser provides evidence of public liability insurance to cover themselves and their participants;
- games of chance that do not comply with State legislation;
- activities of a sexual nature; or
- activities that promote harm to self or the environment.
Authority to Fundraise
I acknowledge that without authority from RMHC NNSW to fundraise, I am not permitted to identify RMHC NNSW as a charity associated with the fundraiser/event, or to use the RMHC NNNSW or any of its programs name or logo or any other material associated with RMHC NNSW in preparing for, organising or participating in the fundraiser/event, including but not limited to marketing or promoting the fundraiser/event.
I acknowledge and agree that RMHC NNSW may, in its absolute discretion, withdraw my authority to fundraise that RMHC NNSW grants me, upon which I must immediately cease the Event and discontinue any use of the RMHC NNSW or any of its programs name and logo.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW is unable to provide public liability insurance cover to Community Fundraisers.
Using the Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW and/or any of its programs name and logo
Please remember that the event will not be Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW’s event, but an event to raise funds for donation to Ronald McDonald House Northern NSW. All material with which the Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW or any of its programs name and logo is to be associated must first be approved by Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW. If the Community Fundraiser wishes to utilise the Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW or any of its programs name and/or logo on any materials or products, the Community Fundraiser must obtain prior permission from Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW.
References to Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW
If the Community Fundraiser wishes to refer to or promote Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW, it must refer to Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW as “Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW” or “RMHC Northern NSW” or the specific program which will benefit from monies raised. Eg Ronald McDonald House Newcastle, Ronald McDonald Family Room Gosford.
Any material, pamphlets, brochures or products must be submitted to Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW for approval before a request to use the logo will be granted. Other printed material, such as media releases must be pre-approved by Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW. Printed material must be forwarded to Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW for approval prior to being printed or circulated.
As part of your participation, you give permission for Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW to use your story and approved images in future communications, such as Social Media, Website and/or Newsletters.
Participation of children in a fundraiser/event or appeal
RMHC NNSW is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. Some States have special regulations that apply when children participate in an appeal. Different rules apply for children of different ages. If you are planning to involve children in your fundraising activity/event, you will be required to comply with further guidelines from Ronald McDonald House Charities SA before proceeding with your activity/event.
Finance, records and receipting
The financial aspects of fundraising, raffles, record keeping and management of the fundraiser/event are entirely the responsibility of the Community Fundraiser and the Community Fundraiser must comply with the relevant State or Territory laws and regulations.
If you have any queries about fundraising on behalf of RMHC NNSW, please contact a member of our fundraising team on (02) 4957 7783 or email email@example.com
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AS A FUNDRAISER
- I have read Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW’s Fundraising Terms and Conditions (above) and I agree to conduct my fundraising event/activity in accordance with these terms and in a manner which upholds the integrity, professionalism and values of Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW.
- I understand that Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW reserves the right to withdraw approval for the fundraiser/event at any time if there is a likelihood that the activity/event fails to adhere to any of Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW Agreement to Fundraise. Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW will notify the Fundraiser of the breach of the Agreement to Fundraise with Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW and give the Fundraiser the opportunity to remedy the breach within 5 working days.
- I acknowledge that I am in proper physical and mental condition to conduct the fundraising activity/event and voluntarily agree to the risks associated with conducting the activity/event.
- I understand that I cannot make a claim against Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern NSW for any damage, loss or injury arising at or from the fundraising event/activity outlined in this agreement.