Join the inaugural Virtual Ride for Sick Kids this October, and become part of our online community of riding legends!
You can choose to ride either 50kms, 100kms or 200kms, from Friday 23 October to Sunday 1 November. The challenge is self-paced, so can be completed all at once or spread out over the 10 day period. You can log your KMs automatically through your fitness tracking device, or enter your distances manually, and you can ride out on the road or on a training bike - the choice is yours!
Once you have chosen your distance, you just need to encourage your community to support you on your virtual journey, and start working towards achieving your fundraising goal.
Sign up for FREE as an individual or create a team with family & friends
Share your page and tell everyone you're riding for sick kids
Ride and track your KMs to reach your goal AND win some great rewards
How do I track my KMs automatically?
Your profile page includes your personal distance tally so you can track your progress towards your target. Our system is compatible with Fitbit, MapMyFitness or Strava, which can automatically add the KMs to your profile.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
2. Log in to your Virtual Ride for Sick Kids account.
3. Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app.
4. Follow the prompts to connect your account.
5. When you start your ride, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your ride, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
- When using Fitbit, you must ‘start’ an activity and save it. Your KMs will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
- When using MapMyFitness, you must ‘start’ your workout, ‘stop’ your workout and then ‘SAVE’ your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
How do I track my KMs manually?
You can manually add your kilometres to the tally in your My Fitness Activity tab of your profile after registering. This is a great option if you’re using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your distances.
Follow these steps to manually add your KMs:
1. Log in to your Virtual Ride for Sick Kids account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’.
2. Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance.
3. The number of KMs will now appear on your fundraising page!
Where do I need to ride?
Although this challenge is themed around Kangaroo Island, you can complete your ride goal anywhere.
You can ride out on the road, along the Torrens, on a trail through the Adelaide Hills, beside the sea-side at Glenelg & Henley, or on a training bike in front of your favourite Netflix series - the choice is yours!
How long do I have to complete this challenge?
This challenge will be held from Friday 23 October to Sunday 1 November 2020 and is self-paced, so your ride goal can be completed all at once or spread out over the 10 day period.
For example, if you chooose to ride the 150km target, you could ride 15kms per day, OR you could coordinate three 50km rides, OR you could challenge yourself to complete the full distance in one day! Make sure to set yourself a challenge, and consider the significant challenges that our kids face on a daily basis when they are going through treatment for a serious illness or injury and the impact this has on their families.