Raised so far
Imagine that you have just received the worst news possible – your child is seriously ill and you need to relocate your family in order to receive the lifesaving treatment that your child needs. What would you do?
We are inviting CEOs, Senior Managers and Board Members to take part in this exclusive campaign called CEO Walk In My Shoes on 13-14 May 2021, starting at 2:45pm on Thursday and ending at 1pm on Friday. This will be your last opportunity for 2021!
13 participants will receive insight into what a family goes through when they are given the shocking news that their child is sick and have to travel to Sydney for treatment.
You will gain a first-hand understanding what parents and carers go through on a daily basis, as well as getting an opportunity to see what it takes to create the best possible experience for a family and come to know the families staying at the House.
During this 22-hour overnight immersion experience, you will be:
- Cooking and serving dinner and breakfast to our families;
- Guided through real life scenarios, gaining a better understanding of what families go through;
- Using your skills and knowledge together to tackle a business issue
- Gaining a unique insight on what it takes to run the House and create a true sense of empathy for the families that stay at RMHC Sydney.
All you need to do is nominate yourself (or your boss), register and raise a minimum of $1,500 to be part of this life-changing experience. Register Now!
RMHC Sydney is more than a place to sleep…
At RMHC Sydney, we are privileged to meet some of the most resilient and positive families that there are and yet they are living this news for real.
In times like this, you come to realise what really matters - family.
RMHC Sydney located in Randwick gives seriously ill children the best gift of all – their families. A family to lean on when you are feeling your worst and a family to celebrate the wins with. A family who just lets you be you.
Our House is a warm and supportive home-away-from-home for families of children travelling to Randwick for treatment at the Sydney Children’s Hospital.
At RMHC Sydney, we are committed to providing family-focused care allowing families to stay by their child’s side during their treatment at the Sydney Children’s Hospital.
Our communal facilities help to create a social and supportive environment and offer a few of the comforts of home that make life just that little bit easier.
- Ka Ngor just donated $50
- Moira Hewitt just donated $83.20
- Kirsten Knowlton just donated $50
- Hart Recycling just donated $166.40
- Geoff Reidy just donated $364
- Pablo Honey just donated $135
- Vicky Papachristos just donated $166.40
- Pia O'Neill just donated $104
- Ryan and Anna xx just donated $80
- Anonymous just donated $104
- Craig Pring just donated $83.20
- Leo Denes - AustralianceTalent.com just donated $166.40
- Samantha Flanery just donated $495
- Paul just donated $166.40
- Jessica just donated $104
- Hayley Hewitt just donated $52
- Christopher Farah just donated $495
- Joel Marshall just donated $166.40
- tracey bratby just donated $20.80
- Ben Montgomery just donated $374.40
MEET THE BRAVE AND COURAGOUS KIDS YOU WILL BE
SUPPORTING THROUGH CEO WALK IN MY SHOES
What started out as severe reflux disease at five-years old has become something much more complicated: gastroparesis.
This condition means his stomach doesn’t empty and he requires tube feeding overnight.
Carlo has been staying at RMHC Sydney on and off for a number of years.
Izzy is an active and bright young three-year-old girl from Foster.
Izzy was diagnosed with a brain tumour with a condition called DIPG – Diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas (DIPG) which are highly aggressive and difficult to treat brain tumours found at the base of the brain.
Izzy has stayed with RMHC Sydney for 65 days this year and will be back in 2021 to continue her treatment.